Log in

Report an Environmental Emergency

Contact the Pollution Emergency Alert System (PEAS) by calling 1-800-292-4706.

The PEAS hotline is staffed to take spill reporting and environmental emergency calls 24/7. 

During business hours, you also can contact your local Department of Environmental Equality office. Click here for a map of DEQ district locations.

Report an Environmental Nuisance to the Shiawassee County Health Division at (989) 743-2390 to file a complaint.

Read how a local hunter prevented a large oil spill from entering the Shiawassee River.

Report a Downed Tree in the River

If a tree has fallen in the river and presents a concern, please contact your county’s Michigan Department of Natural Resources Fisheries Management Unit. Click here for a list of MDNR fisheries unit contacts.

Residents in Shiawassee County should call one of the two offices listed below.

Shiawassee County – eastern half - Call the Bay City Operations Service Center at (989) 684-9141.

Shiawassee County – western half - Call the Plainwell Operations Service Center at (269) 685-6851.

Contact Us:

Phone: (989) 723-9062

Mailing Address:

Friends of the Shiawassee River
PO Box 402
Owosso, MI  48867

Office Address:

Friends of the Shiawassee River
538 N Shiawassee Street
Corunna, MI  48817

Log in
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software